If you or your loved one has been accused of committing a crime, it should never be taken lightly. Criminal convictions, both small and large, can follow a person throughout his or her lifetime. A minor conviction today could be a barrier to obtaining a dream job in the future. Moreover, most crimes carry the possibility of jail time.
Citizens of West Virginia have rights under both the state and federal constitution. These rights include, but are not limited to: the right to remain silent; the right to counsel; and the right against unreasonable searches and seizures. A criminal defense lawyer, after investigation of the facts of your case, will be able to determine whether your rights were violated and whether the State has a viable case against you.
Barney Law PLLC handles criminal cases throughout West Virginia. Mark Barney has experience representing clients against charges such as:
- Malicious Assault
- Sexual Abuse
- Computer Fraud
- Grand Larceny
- Possession With the Intent to Deliver
- Possession of Controlled Substances
- Unlawful Possession of a Syringe
- Brandishing a Deadly Weapon
- Unlawfully Carrying a Concealed Weapon
- Unlawful Discharge of a Firearm
- Domestic Assault
- Domestic Battery
- Felony Domestic Battery
- Battery on a Police Officer
- Child Neglect
- Driving on a Revoked License
- No Insurance
- DUI with Injury
- Obstruction of a Police Officer
- Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Petit Larceny
- Receiving or Transferring Stolen Goods
- Fraudulently Procuring Utilities
- Telephone Harassment
- Public Intoxication
- Destruction of Property
- Automobile Tampering
- Failure to Appear
Additionally, Barney Law PLLC handles habeas corpus actions for persons who have been convicted and sentenced to prison for serious felonies.
If you or your loved one has been charged with a crime and are unsure of where to turn or what to do, call a criminal defense attorney. Call Barney Law PLLC today.